Four Winds Camp on Orcas Island is looking for a full-time, year-round maintenance assistant to help ensure that facilities are clean and in good operating condition. Their responsibilities may include general repairs to platforms and structures and performing routine maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and equipment. The maintenance assistant will work in a variety of fields including plumbing, electrical, landscaping, carpentry, and mechanical.
This position offers competitive pay, Health Reimbursement Arrangement benefit of 877.50/month, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, and SIMPLE-IRA retirement benefit with company match. If amenable to both parties, year-round private housing in a studio apartment on the Four Winds property is an option for this position.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security.
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Able to communicate well both orally and in writing in English.
- Willing to learn new skills
- Able to understand safety rules, warnings and instructions in the use and maintenance of buildings, property and equipment.
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Able to stay calm and react productively in emergency situations
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all assignments
- Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with campers, camp families, co-workers, Board Members, supervisors, and other Camp stakeholders. Our mission is to provide extraordinary experiences for young people, so you must always be a good role model for youth.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle safely, must possess a valid driver’s license, and must have a driving record acceptable to camp’s insurance company.
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend, kneel, stoop, and lift or move heavy equipment
- Ability to work in a team and follow instructions from supervisors
Job Skills & Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Able to operate power and manual tools
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
May be required to work outside of normal work hours
Ability to work legally in the United States.
Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Must be at least 21 years old (Camp’s insurance company requires drivers and operators of equipment to be at least 21.)
Prior experience working in general maintenance
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Head of Maintenance Caleb Weichert, Head of Maintenance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.