90th Anniversary Celebration Weekend
Welcome to the information page for the Four Winds*Westward Ho 90th Anniversary Celebration. The dates for this auspicious event are Labor Day weekend: September 2-4, 2017. We anticipate a wonderful weekend of engagement, connection, and memories with alumni, family, and friends across the generations. We are all looking forward to a few days of fun at camp with dancing, singing and stories. Please join us for this milestone celebration.
Cost of the weekend is $250 per person. Children 2 and under are free. This includes food, housing, and activities for the weekend. Anyone under the age of 18 must attend the weekend with a parent or guardian.
Attendees must register before June 1, 2017. Register before April 1, 2017 to receive a 10% discount!
Prior to your arrival, we will send you an email asking you to select three activities in which you would like to participate. We will do our best to accommodate your choices, but there are no guarantees you will get everything on your list. Once you arrive at camp, your “Welcome” package will include three activities/times for which you are already signed up. You will also have an opportunity to sign up for other activities as there will be open spaces left in each area for this purpose.
- Horseback riding
- Sail on Carlyn
- Dock (kayaking, sailing, canoeing, SUPs etc)
- Arts & Crafts
- Land sports
- Scavenger Hunt
There will also be several all-camp activities such as Flags, “Capture the Chicken,” a Folk dance, and Evening Fire.
Our program areas will adhere to minimum age requirements for many of the open activities on the property. Children ages 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at any of the activities for which you sign up.
Please note, NO PETS will be allowed in Camp during this weekend.
Labor Day weekend can be particularly challenging if you are bringing a car to the island. To that end, we are making the following suggestions:
1) Make a reservation on either the Carlyn, or other motorized boats, leaving Skyline Marina on 9/2 at 2pm going straight to the camp dock, and then departing on Monday 9/4 at noon, with arrival at Skyline Marina at 1p.
Carlyn will also be sailing from Skyline to Camp (and back). Passage on Carlyn will be on a first-come, first paid basis.
You can make your reservation for these boat options when your register for the weekend. The add-on price per person is $65 dollars.
2) You can walk onto the ferry and camp will pick you up. NOTE: Parking may be limited at the ferry landing.
3) You can fly onto the island via Kenmore Air. Again, make your reservation for these flights as early as possible at: http://kenmoreair.com/.
Also please contact Linda Sheridan about transportation to/from flights. Pick up for the seaplane will be at Deer Harbor and at Eastsound airport for fixed-winged flights.
4) If you decide you want to drive onto the island, we caution that this will be challenging due to the popularity of Labor Day weekend. As of this date, the ferry schedule for summer hasn’t been released. But you can go to http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/ in the Spring to check on times for the Anacortes to Orcas ferry.
If you want to drive on, there is a reservation system. You can access it HERE. As of now, we aren’t sure when the summer schedule will be released, but you can make your reservation in three tiers:
- 1st Tier -- 30% of spaces for reservation for the entire season are released 2 months prior to the season start date.
- 2nd Tier -- An additional 30% of vessel space is released at 7:00 am 2 weeks before each specific sailing date.
- 3rd Tier -- The final 30% of space is released at 7:00 am 2 days before each specific sailing date.
- 10% of vessel space is always held open for emergency and stand-by vehicles.
Again, this is an extremely popular weekend, so be advised you may not be able to get a car ferry reservation.
Please be aware cabins/tents will be assigned and you might be sharing the accommodations with other guests. In other words, you may NOT choose your cabin or tent. You have the option of registering at $250 per person OR we are offering "Whole Cabin/Tent" pricing:
- Whole private cabin/tent for up to eight people: $2000
- A limited number of smaller cabins for up to 6 people: $1500 SOLD OUT!
If you choose the "Whole Cabin/Tent" option you may fill with as few people as you wish up to 8/6. When you purchase the "Whole Cabin/Tent," you do NOT have to pay an additional registration fee per person. Also note, while you will have the cabin/tent to yourself (and your group), you will not get to choose your cabin. Cabins will be filled before assigning tents. Lastly, please note that if you wish to add boat transportation from Anacortes to Camp to your package, that can be added on at the normal rate of $65 per person. If you are interested in renting a whole cabin, please contact Linda Sheridan HERE.
There are a limited number of housing options with more modern amenities (ie: power and bathrooms.) We are reserving these for guests with health or physical limitations. Please contact Linda Sheridan for more information.
If you wish to stay off camp property for the weekend, click HERE for other options. There are also a number of VRBO’s on Orcas Island as well. Make your reservations early for any of these alternatives. NOTE: There is no reduction in the per person rate for the weekend if you decide to stay outside of camp. And transportation to/from camp will be your responsibility.
Your registration includes the following meals:
|Sunday:||Breakfast/lunch/celebratory dinner with silent auction (childcare will be available for this meal)|
We are excited to announce that we will be commemorating FWWH’s 90th Anniversary with a time capsule. We will be accepting submissions during the weekend for a time capsule that will be buried on Sunday Sept. 3. We encourage alumni to bring small mementos (credit card sized or smaller), pictures, old letters, or anything else you feel represents your time at camp. These items should be more of a personal in nature to leave your mark on our collective story, rather than a piece of camp history memorabilia to be kept in Camp’s archives.
Loan it or Leave it: If you do have a piece of memorabilia you would like to share, bring it to the weekend for display so all can see. Take it home after or donate it to Camp’s archives. We’re also interested in your old photos. If you could bring them on a flash drive or disc we’ll transfer them to our computer over the weekend and return it to you before you leave. We are always looking for images and memorabilia to help us tell our story for years to come.
If you have additional questions about the weekend, please contact Linda Sheridan by EMAIL, or by phone: 360-376-2277
To register for the weekend, just click on the button below: